Do you create videos? Pretty much everybody does these days, and my clients have been asking me to recommend the video-making tool that meets the following:
- Creates videos automatically, with the minimum input
- Simple to use, no learning curve
- Totally free, not a cent to pay
OK, I admit - even with the ever-increasing presence of artificial intelligence in the modern software, finding such a tool is a considerable challenge 🙂
Still, it is always interesting to run a survey and see what the current state of the industry is. After testing one program after another, I did manage to find one tool that comes reasonably close to the specification: Ezvid Wikimaker.
This is a truly clever piece of software. The video creation is not 100% automatic, but the level of software-assistance that you receive is quite significant.
It works like this:
- You supply the article
- The program identifies the keywords and keyphrases in your text, and uses them to suggest stock images and videos as illustrations
- After you select the relevant images and videos that you like, the software gets to work, supplying the text-to-speech conversion and assembling the video.
The end result is more than just a video - it's an entire video-wiki page, with the article, embedded video, and other bells and whistles.
Here's what I like about Ezvid Wikimaker:
- It's free
- Using it is super-simple, and
- You end up with the mp4 video that you can download and use for any purpose.
Will I be using Ezvid Wikimaker myself?
Why not? Tho main reasons:
- The text-to-speech voice is not very good. It does not come anywhere close to Amazon Alexa, for example.
- The tool is free and in exchange it appears that when you make a video you're transferring all the rights to them. You can double-check this yourself, I am not a lawyer, but generally no matter which tool I use, I want to have the full copyright over my creations.
Finally, Ezvid Wikimaker is very limiting when it comes to types of videos it can create. For instance, if you'd like to create a sales video, forget it.
If you'd like to give it a try, go to wiki.ezvid.com and click on Make a Wiki.
Commercial Alternative: Content Samurai
The commercial alternative that I use is Content Samurai. I won't go into details, that's not the purpose of this article, but I encourage you to take the free 7-day trial and draw the conclusions yourself.
It comes with Vidsy copywriting software (GREAT for sales videos!), and is the best tool for creating 4 types of videos:
- Traffic-generating videos
- Trust-building videos
- Sales videos, and
- Online video courses.
How Expensive is 'Free'?
My personal finding is that 99% of free tools are way too expensive.
How can something that is free be expensive? In terms of your time, of course, which is your only commodity that is in short supply and cannot be replenished.
For this reason, I am always looking for the BEST tool to use. If it happens to be free, great. If not, I am ready to pay to get the top-quality tool because I don't want to waste my time with the steep learning curve, lack of functionality, and slow or nonexistent support. If you value your time, it's a good policy to follow.
- You might be able to successfully use Ezvid Wikimaker for creating affiliate product comparison videos. This seems to be the strongest side of the software.
- If you're looking for the best tool for sales videos, traffic-generating videos, trust-building videos and online video courses, take the free 7-day Content Samurai trial
In any case, here's a free resource to help you out: download The Ultimate YouTube SEO Cheat-Sheet with 15 simple tricks that elite marketers use to consistently win traffic-pumping #1 rankings with video.